Member Benefits: Why Join the WBA?
- Participation in committees involving the court system and other legal matters affecting the city.
- Opportunity to prepare and present testimony on legal issues before various legislative bodies having jurisdiction over the District of Columbia.
- Opportunities for professional advancement through networking with the lawyers and judges in the WBA and the legal community at large.
- Awareness of career opportunities through announcements circulated through the WBA newsletter and Listservs
- Continuing legal education through meetings and presentations on various topics by local leaders in the profession.
Washington Bar Association Membership Qualifications:
- Regular Membership and Sustaining Membership: Licensed attorney or judge, practicing for over five years or older than 36 years old.
- Young Lawyers Division: Licensed attorney, practicing for five years or less, or under the age of 36 years old.
- Law Students Division: Student currently attending an ABA accredited law school.
- Judicial Council Division Dues: $25.00 (+ $75.00 Regular WBA member Dues = $100 total) The extra $25.00 goes to Judicial Council's budget for programs and events.
- Young Lawyers Division Dues: $15.00 (+ $50.00 Young Lawyer Member Dues = $65 total) The $15.00 goes to Young Lawyers Division's budget for programs and events.
- Law Students Division Dues: $5.00
- Life Time Membership: $2,000.00
Pay your membership dues HERE